Relax, unwind and create… In this relaxed workshop you will be taught the wet felting method to create your own felt poppy landscape, as pictured. It’s perfect for beginners! Your poppy picture will turn out a little different to the one pictured as the process is such that every piece is unique and impossible to recreate exactly the same.
On the wet felt workshop you will be given step by step instructions. At the end of the day you will take home your felted artwork to dry somewhere naturally. Once dry you can then frame it as it is – or you may wish to embellish it further at home with needle felting, hand sewing, embroidery, sew some beads on etc!
You will learn the wet felting technique, this involves laying out the dry loose merino wool to create your felt landscape. At the end we add warm soapy water and friction to make it turn into a solid piece of felt. I still find it magical today and love this process. If you struggle with the final part of the process (rolling the wool to get it to matt together) I will be on hand to help you every step of the way – so just let me know you need help.
The wet felt workshop will be between 5- 6 hours long and includes:
* The wet felt workshop takes place at Boston Spa Village Hall – in a lovely big room called The Lantern Room. We will have our own toilets to use on the day and access to a shared kitchen (down a few steps) for making tea and coffee when ever you wish to have one. Please let me know if you don’t drink tea or coffee and I will see what I can bring instead.
To Help Minimise Risk:-
* I have limited numbers attending the workshop to 8 people (plus myself).
* Hand sanitiser will be available.
* You will be provided with extra towels for drying your hands with during the day.
* I will space us all out as much as possible.
If there are no places left on the workshop when you go to pay and you wish to go on a waiting list please email me your Name, Date of the wet felt workshop you’d like to attend, Your Phone number so I can call you if there is a last minute space.
I will contact you:-
* If someone can’t make it I will call you last minute to see if you’d like to come.
* If I need to cancel for any reason you will be offered a choice of a full refund or transferring to a future workshop date.
* Please do not attend if you have just come down with a contagious illness (cold/ flu/ tummy bug and of course Covid) If you are ill and need to cancel please get in touch a.s.a.p. so I can see if I can fill your place and you will be offered a new date to attend.
6 in stock